Monday, June 25, 2012

Days 18-21-Home stretch

Hey! So I've been fasting for 21 days now. Funny how time flies when you're having fun, right?
This weekend was full to the brim with friends, fun, exercise and THE JUICE.

On friday, I was sitting outside on the front porch watching my son zoom around on his Razr scooter and my neighbor approached and wanted to talk about health and fitness. We must have sat for about an hour talking about fitness routines and healthy eating and juicing. Mind you, my neighbor is 19 years old and over 300lbs. We decided to start our own fitness routine and got started Saturday morning.


We headed over to the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook and tackled the 700'+ staircase which the devil built with claws and teeth. OMG! It hurt SO BAD getting up those stairs. They're jagged, uneven, and crooked, but as you climb higher and higher, the Los Angeles cityscape blossoms below you. By the time you get to the top, you have a 360 degree view of L.A, from the ocean to the mountains, Beverly Hills to the hood', it was a beautiful sight to behold. After forcing my stomach contents (JUICE) back into my stomach-I was seriously about to heave-we made our way back to the base via the conveniently placed hiking trail. There are bathrooms and a little museum up at the top to help you get it back together. I had such an overwhelming sense of accomplishment when I reached the bottom. I felt like I had just climbed Mt. Everest!


 



Me and my boy Hula Hooping at Soulnic
Saturday Evening was all about Soulnic at Griffith Park. Parking was a good 10 minute hike away from the field where the event was held, so I got a lil extra inadvertent work out in. We had a blast! It was all about Chicago House music and I was not disappointed. There were games for the kids and the smell of the food was killer. I made a huge bucket of what I dubbed my "Festival Juice" and just savored the sights and sounds.


Sunday morning was all about cantaloupe and green juices, church, family, and a fun evening at Mulligan's.

I didn't take detailed notes about the juices I made, but below is an approximation:

Cantaloupe Beet Juice (Delish!)
1 Cantaloupe
1 Beet
1 apple
1 pear
Handful of strawberries





Festival Juice (Nice mostly veggie concoction, no pix :()
1 bunch Kale
1 Cucumber
3 Stalks Celery
5 or 6 Radishes
3 Carrots
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Fiji Apple
1 Pear

Watermelon Juice (Watermelon juice is so great)
1 Small Seedless Watermelon
2 stalks celery
1 apple
1 pear






No comments:

Post a Comment