Monday, June 18, 2012

Days 12,13, & 14-Pow pow pow!

So I survived another weekend!

Spent saturday swimming and juicing with my oldest sister, Kenya, in Brea. Before we drove out there Saturday morning, I went over to Jamba Juice and had an Apples and Greens smoothie. Their website says it has Apple-Strawberry Juice, Green Vegetable Juice (Carrots, Spinach, Bell Pepper, Kale, Spirulina, Lettuce), Peaches, Mangos, Bananas, Ice. It was nice! I wouldn't replace it with my own juice, but it was a cool departure from what I've been having.

I packed up my juicer and whipped up a batch of Mean Green. My sister enjoyed it and is looking forward to starting her own juicing regimen when she is fully healed from her lung cancer surgery (Carcinoid tumor, they removed her left upper lobe).

Sunday was an epic morning juice day, I whipped up a BOMB.COM watermelon juice that was SUPER delish and so pretty to look at:

Watermelon skill supreme
Tricycakes Mouth-Watering Watermelon Juice:

1 small seedless watermelon-rind removed
4 apples
1 lime-peeled








This juice came about as we were sitting around the kitchen sunday morning. I had already made a Purple Power juice earlier and we happened to have this little watermelon just chillin' there. My cousin challenged me to make something out of it. It was so light and refreshing! The perfect summer juice. I ended up having a bunch of this juice, so I sipped it for the rest of the day. All fruit everything!

Today I started the morning with some left over watermelon juice, because I loath wasting anything. My dear Uncle Will stopped by and I made him a Swiss Chard, Carrot, Apple, Spinach juice. Again, I'm yielding so much, that I can continue to drink from one or two batches of juice all day

Uncle Will sippin' juice

I'm still feeling great. My water consumption is on the decline, so I have to focus on that. I had a few cheats over the last few days, and I'm not proud of that. Doubling down for the last half of this juice experience.
 
I just got back from an epic veg shop and picked up some new fruits. My morning juice is going to be off the chain tomorrow. Can't wait! Promise to have my phone charged so that I can take more pix. Thanks so much for reading! ~P

2 comments:

  1. Look at Unc Wilbur! That watermelon juice looks good. I re-up and grabbed some strawberries, blueberries and sweet potato so I'm about week or two behind you on the new juices. My own receipes really only have been beets, apples, cantaloupe, carrot juice combos. I need to move away from my solid FOUR and get with it. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. There are so much fruit and veg on sale right now. Get it in!

    ReplyDelete