Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 3-Yay Me!

Wow, today was challenging. I had to go to court and run some errands, so I ended up making a bunch of juice at the same time and shuttling it about with me. I felt like I was going to shrivel up and die in court, but I persevered and ran back to my juice.

Breakfast:
Carrot Apple Beet
2 Apples
4 Carrots
2 Beets
6 leaves of Swiss Chard
1" ginger root





I'm really starting to dig the smell of freshly juiced ginger. It's a smell that makes me look forward to the day. This juice seriously woke up my digestive system. Beet colored bodily waste makes for interesting toilet time. I gave some juice to my cousin, and she had a panicked moment at work today thinking that she had stomach cancer symptoms. IT'S THE JUICE. If you can see your PEE in rose tinted glasses, then the rest of life is definitely peachy.

Mid Morning Juice:
Great Greens Juice
2 Green Apples
2-3 cups of Spinach
6-8 leaves of Swiss Chard
1 Cucumber
4 Stalks of Celery
1/2 Fennel Bulb
1 bunch of Basil


I swear the Diet Coke ain't mine...lol
Fennel Bulb smells like licorice! I had a great AHA moment with that one.

Lunch:
Tabbouleh Juice
1 big bunch of parsley (approx 4 cups)
1 Tomato
1/4 Red Onion
1/2-1 peeled Lemon
1/2 Cucumber
Dash of Sea Salt and Pepper over ice

This was my court juice. Sorry for no pics, but I had to get on the good foot and get out of the house on time. I put the juice in one of those clear heavy plastic commuter cups, borrowed ice from McDonalds, and went about my business. Oh yeah, 26 hours of community service and $150 fee (GO ME!). Red onion in juice is freaking delicious. Parsley juice makes me hate life just a little. The juice giveth, the juice taketh away.

Again, I'm yielding more than I need to to continue making another recipe, so I had my left over Great Greens Juice for dinner.

I feel fine. It got a little sketchy since I was in court for HOURS without juice, but I didn't faint or get dizzy. The only discomfort that I'm having is my throat feels a little strange. Blew out a boatload of phlegm (eeeeew!) this morning. I guess my near constant congestion is starting to loosen up. Also, my tongue is white, which I expected. Get thee gone toxins!

3 down, 27 more days to go! Hat tip to my FB homie Mr. Pudginald Stanley for this link re: what to expect while juicing.

1 comment:

  1. lol @ the juice giveth and taketh away. I don't have any fennel. Might have to try on this week's re-up.

    ReplyDelete