Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day-2 Feeling good

So I totally cheated and ate a handful of sunflower seeds last night. I'm not really mad though, because they were DELICIOUS...
Anyway, I woke up this morning because nature called, and instead of falling back in the bed, I got up and started juicing. Usually I'm groggy in the mornings, but this morning was a little different. I had a lil UMPF in my step. It was just a BIT of extra energy, but enough to be noticeable. 

Purple Power Juice:
6 cups concord grapes
1 golden delicious apple
2x2" ginger
1/2 cup blackberries

There were 2 apples in mine because, apparently, I wasn't very good at following directions this morning. I also substituted blueberries for blackberries as Whole Foods was sold out.

IT WAS BOMB.COM! I wanted to make sweet love to this juice. Had Dallas (my lil dude) and Auleria (cousin and housemate) try it. It was an instant win.

Sorry for no PPJ pics, because it was a beautiful violet color. It was 7am and my brain was screaming JUUUUIIIIIICCCCCEEEEE!!!!

Added benefit-Purple Power is RIGHT. I'm jonzing out of my pants. Need to go run or *gasp* work out.



Midmorning:

Green Lemonade
1 Green Apple
2 cups Spinach (~3 handfuls)
2 cups Kale (~6-8 leaves)
1/2 Cucumber (After a second look, I used the whole cucumber...)
1/2 Lemon
Tricycakes addition- 3 strawberries



Yesterday as I was sipping on my Mean Green, the GREEN taste of it started getting to me...activating my gag reflex, but I drank the whole 26 oz. Today, with the GREENERY of the Green Lemonade, I added a few strawberries to make it taste better and it DOES (Shout out to Facebook friend Robert Fuller for the tip). This is a nice juice. Nothing fancy, lots of green...but I do LONG for my Purple Power!


Lunch:
V28
2 large Red Beets
2 medium carrots
2 stalks celery
4 Plum tomatoes
4 cups parsley, leaves and stems, roughly chopped and packed into measuring cup
1 Jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
12 Red radishes


Mega yield


This juice can turn into a fiasco! The beets are huge and messy when cut, the radishes have lots of stems and leaves. the parsley isn't easy to wrangle, and I gotta deal with pepper seeds. I left all the stems and leaves intact and yielded HELLA juice. It was at least 50 oz of juice that had a surprising sweetness and earthiness that was very nice. The color is beautiful and the jalapeno is very subtle and leaves a lasting tingle on the tongue. The smell takes some getting used to. Smells like garden soil aka DIRT.
Not mad at you V28, because I was ready to be all:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I ended up having so much V28 that I didn't juice anymore today. I should be up to 10 recipes, but I've only made 6. The yield is more than I anticipated. Tomorrow is going to be hectic because I have to go to court (traffic ticket) in the middle of the day and run a few errands. I have the luxury of chillin' in the house juicing, but sh*t is about to get real.


No comments:

Post a Comment